Every year fashion reinvents itself to something new, inspiring and yet still remain simple. Eyewear is no different. Finding the right prescription is not the only worry for glass wearers. Instead finding the perfect frame and style all play a huge role in which glasses are the perfect ones for you. You want glasses that not only give you confidence when wearing them, but that also describe and represent who you truly are.
As fashion is known to repeat itself, it comes to no surprise that many of this years style have been brought back. Look ahead for the latest eye trend!
- Clear & white glasses – For both men and women, the clear frame glasses are amongst the favorite for 2017. The neutral color allows for a great choice for the season, giving you a chance to style them with anything.
- Hipster square glasses – For a unique style, hipster glasses are the perfect choice. Known as a great fit for creative people, hipster glasses gives a unique design with it’s square silhouettes.
- Cat eye glasses – Cat eye glasses were first popular in the 1950s-60s and were combined with the famous beehive hairstyle. It’s no surprise that the beloved style has come back. Resonant as always, the cat eye still remains in style.
- Clubmaster browline glasses – Men and women love this style for its slim and elegant frame, making its semi-rimless perfect and fashionably practical for a professional life.
- Aviator glasses – Aviator style glasses have been a longtime favorite amongst eyewear enthusiasts. As aviator sunglasses still remain the most popular for the summer, you can still keep your favorite style well into the fall and winter and still turn heads.
From traditional eyewear frames to new modern styles, these frames can be the perfect fit for your face and give you the confidence and practicality we all enjoy!
Finding the perfect pair of eye glass frames for many people tends to be more of a hassle then it needs to be. While trying on every pair in the store could be one method, matching your facial features to the frames is another method. Independent Eye Care hopes to help you find the perfect glasses for your personality, style and facial features. Let’s look at some of the shapes to consider when choosing your frames.
Things to consider include the shape of your face as well as the size of your face. For example, petite faces should choose smaller frames that do not overwhelm the person. In contrast a wider face can handle a large frame. The shape is also important to choosing your frame options. The frame shape should contrast with your face shape.
Oval Faces – An oval face is considered to be the ideal shape because of its balanced proportions. If you have an oval shaped face you may want to consider frames are wider than the broadest part of the face and are geometric in shape.
Round Faces – Eyeglass frames that are square or rectangular tend to be wider than a round face. This quality can enhance your face by making it appear slimmer and longer, adding balance to your round features.
Heart Shaped Faces – Frames that balance the width of the forehead with the narrowness of the chin are ideal. Glasses with low-set temples and bottom heavy frame lines will add width to that narrower part of your face. Round glasses or square eyeglasses with curved edges will draw attention away from a broad, high forehead.
Square Faces – A square face has a strong jaw line and a broad forehead, plus the width and length are in the same proportions. To make a square face look longer and to soften the angles, try narrow frame styles, frames that have more width than depth, and narrow ovals.
We all may have a sensitive side, some more so than others. When it comes to sensitive skin issues, people with nickel or silicone allergies know all too well that certain eyeglass frames or nose pad materials can be extremely irritating.
Independent Eye Care offers a vast amount of frames manufactured in various material options. Stainless steel, titanium, flexible titanium, and memory metal are a few examples of alternative frames for our patients allergic to nickel. Additionally, plastic frames make a great option for those with multiple skin allergies, as they do not contain metal nor do they have silicone nose pads which can be another irritant.
We understand the importance of comfortable eye wear in all aspects, and take pride in offering a large variety of frames to accommodate all our patients.